#cruise travel insurance
Cruise Travel Protection
Bid your hometown bon voyage and set sail on the cruise of a lifetime! Cruise Travel Protection from Aon Affinity covers travel s unexpected events, from flight delays to unforeseen medical expenses and lost luggage.
- Coverage for cancellation or travel delay penalties Reimbursement for unforeseen medical expenses Reimbursement for lost luggage
SUMMARY OF COVERAGES
PART A. TRAVEL ARRANGEMENT PROTECTION
The Sickness or Injury must: a) commence while your coverage is in effect under the plan; b) require the examination and treatment by a Physician at the time the Covered Cruise is canceled; and c) in the written opinion of the treating Physician, be so disabling as to prevent you from taking your Covered Cruise.
Post-Departure Trip Interruption
We will pay a Post-Departure Trip Interruption Benefit, up to the amount in the Schedule, if due to your, an Immediate Family Member s, Traveling Companion s, or Business PartnerХ , Sickness, Injury or death or Other Covered Events as defined: 1) your arrival on your Covered Cruise is delayed; or 2) you are unable to continue on your Covered Cruise after you have departed on your Covered Cruise. See more
For item 1) above, the Sickness or Injury must: a) commence while your coverage is in effect under the plan; b) for item 2) above, commence while you are on your Covered Cruise and your coverage is in effect under the plan; and c) for both items 1) and 2) above, require the examination and treatment by a Physician at the time the Covered Cruise is interrupted or delayed; and d) in the written opinion of the treating Physician, be so disabling as to delay your arrival on your Covered Cruise or to prevent you from continuing your Covered Cruise.
Post-Departure Trip Interruption Benefits
We will reimburse you, less any refund paid or payable, for unused land and water travel arrangements, and/or the following:
1. the additional transportation expenses by the most direct route from the point you interrupted your Covered Cruise: a) to the next scheduled destination where you can catch up to your Covered Cruise; or (b) to the final destination of your Covered Cruise;
2. the additional transportation expenses incurred by you by the most direct route to reach your original Covered Cruise destination if you are delayed and leave after the Scheduled Departure Date. However, the benefit payable under (1) and (2) above will not exceed the cost of a one-way economy air fare by the most direct route less any refunds paid or payable for your unused original tickets
3. reasonable additional accommodation and transportation expenses (up to $100 per day) incurred to remain near a covered traveling Immediate Family Member or Traveling Companion who is hospitalized during your Cruise.
In no event shall the amount reimbursed under Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption exceed the amount you prepaid for your Cruise.
Important. You, your Traveling Companion and/or your Immediate Family Member booked to travel with you must be medically capable of travel on the day you purchase this coverage. The covered reason for cancellation or interruption of your Cruise must occur after your effective date of Trip Cancellation coverage. In all circumstances, coverage does not apply for Financial Insolvency if Financial Insolvency occurred, or a petition for bankruptcy was filed by the travel supplier, before your effective date of coverage or a Financial Insolvency occurs within 7 days following your effective date of coverage.
Please note: Benefits will not be paid for expenses not refunded in the event of your travel agency’s insolvency.
Other Covered Events means only the following unforeseeable events or their consequences which occur while coverage is in effect under this Policy:
1. arrangements canceled by a tour operator, cruise line or airline resulting from Financial Insolvency;
2. a change in plans by you, an Immediate Family Member traveling with you, or Traveling Companion resulting from one of the following events which occurs while coverage is in effect under this Policy:
(a) being directly involved in a documented traffic accident while en route to departure;
(b) being hijacked, Quarantined, required to serve on a jury, or required by a court order to appear as a witness in a legal action, provided you, an Immediate Family Member traveling with you or a Traveling Companion is not: 1) a party to the legal action, or 2) appearing as a law enforcement officer;
(c) having your Home made uninhabitable by fire, flood, volcano, earthquake, hurricane or other natural disaster.
If your Covered Cruise is delayed for 3 hours or more, we will reimburse you, up to the amount shown in the Schedule for unused land or water travel arrangements, less any refund paid or payable and reasonable additional expenses incurred by you for hotel accommodations, meals, telephone calls and economy transportation to catch up to your Cruise, or to return Home. We will not pay benefits for expenses incurred after travel becomes possible. See more