bidding for travel
Around 7 days before your scheduled flight departure you may be emailed an invitation to make an offer to upgrade.
A minimum amount is required. You can make, change or cancel your upgrade offer up to 24 hours before your scheduled flight departure.
Between 24 and 12 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure, we ll send you an email to let you know whether your upgrade offer has been accepted or not.
How Bid Now Upgrades work
You will need to bid using a combination of Qantas Points and money if you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer*, or money only if you are not a Qantas Frequent Flyer. A minimum Points and money amount apply.
You may receive an email invitation to place an offer 7 days before departure. If you have booked through a travel agent we may not have your email address. 7 days before your flight, you can enter your details in the check tool above and if you are eligible you can place an offer.
If your upgrade offer is accepted, the Qantas Points and money offered will be automatically deducted
If you have made a Bid Now Upgrade offer, check in for your flight once you’ve heard from us. If you check in before you hear from us we may not be able to process your upgrade.
To find out more about Bid Now Upgrades take a look at our FAQs.
Making the most of every journey
If your upgrade offer is accepted and you are upgraded to Business, you could enjoy the following benefits ‡ :
- Breeze through the airport with access to dedicated Check-in and priority boarding
- Relax before your flight in the Business Lounge †
- Enjoy the comfort of a luxurious seat, bed or suite ±
- Neil Perry designed menus with award winning wines Ω • Experience a wide range of entertainment options including the latest on-demand inflight entertainment systems #
- Additional baggage allowance**
If your Business offer is not accepted, try upgrading into Premium Economy @ .
On selected routes, should your upgrade offer for business not be accepted, you can now also place a bid for an upgrade into premium Economy. You can enjoy the following benefits:
- More space and personalised service in an exclusive environment
- Stretch out with more legroom and a footrest which extends from your seat
- Rockpool inspired dining menus and a selection of snacks and beverages Ω
Members are responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient funds on their nominated payment card and a sufficient amount of Qantas Points in their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account from the time the upgrade offer is submitted to the scheduled flight departure time. When an upgrade offer is accepted, a member will be notified by email. Qantas will deduct the amount of the upgrade offer from the nominated payment card and the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account at any time from the time of acceptance. When an upgrade offer is accepted, the nominated payment card will be charged the money payable in the currency displayed on the payment page.