#Medical #billing #and #coding #online #colleges
Gain Skills for an In-Demand Healthcare Career
Our Medical Billing and Coding Certificate can help start your healthcare career with key skills for analyzing and managing patient medical records and electronic billing, navigating electronic health records systems and coding healthcare data based on coding principles. With fully online courses, you can earn your Certificate in as few as nine months on a schedule that fits your busy life.*
With your Medical Billing and Coding certificate, you can seamlessly move into our Health Information Technician Associate’s degree when you’re ready to advance your career.
To see how this program can help you achieve your goals:
- Course plan customized for you
- Support and financial aid planning
- Career path guidance with no obligation
Read more about this program
and then request information specific to you
Flex Choice learning options put you in control of your path and price. LEARN MORE >>
Gain In-Demand Medical Billing and Coding Skills Employers Seek
Through career-focused curriculum and practical, hands-on opportunities in your medical billing and coding classes, you can prepare for a healthcare career as a medical billing or coding professional.
Navigate Electronic Health Record Systems
Understand how to navigate real-world coding systems in our virtual coding practicum so you can confidently step into your career in a variety of healthcare environments.
Accurately code medical information using ICD and CPT principles so you can be on the cutting-edge of coding changes in the healthcare environment.
Develop strong medical terminology, anatomy and pathology knowledge so you can be an important correspondent with health insurance companies.
Gain important professional skills that employers seek, including critical thinking and communication, as well as an understanding of medical ethics and confidentiality.
Prepare for Medical Coding Certification
Our Medical Billing and Coding online program prepares you to take the CCA or CCS certification exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). 1 For qualified students, the first attempt of the eligible exam is included in the total program costs. 2 According to AHIMA, the CCA designation has been the national standard of achievement in health information management since 2002.
1 The first attempt of the CCS exam may be included in lieu of the CCA if you can demonstrate a minimum of two years’ coding experience directly applying codes.
Our Grads Work Across Industries
Graduates from our School of Health Science programs are working for leading industries, including:*
- Health Systems
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Local & State Government
- Public & Community Health
- Social Services
117 Years of Successful Graduates
At Rasmussen College, we’ve been dedicated to our mission of preparing students for career success since 1900.
*Industry information reported by Rasmussen College graduates. This list does not constitute an endorsement of Rasmussen College by the industries shown above. Listing does not guarantee or imply that future employment opportunities within these industries will be available.
Need more detailed information about our program?
- Download program details
- View course listings: Certificate
- View accreditation
- Download our Healthcare Career Outlook
- Browse other School of Health Sciences programs
Program Entry Requirements
Enrolling students must complete and pass a criminal background check. Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen College School of Health Sciences vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
RN to BSN Expected Program Outcomes*
- As contributors to a global community, 90% of the Program graduates will remain employed as a Registered Nurse or advance their career within the Scope of the BSN Generalist Role, as measured within one year of graduation.
- In support of lifelong learning, the Program graduates will be prepared to further their education in the fields of Nursing or Health Care.
- In support of service to students, 85% of the Program graduates will indicate that the Program fulfilled their expectations and that they would recommend the Program to others.
- Of the responding employers, 70% will indicate satisfaction with the Program graduates’ preparedness and knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to serve diverse communities, as measured within one year of graduation.
- Consistent with the goals of an institution of higher learning, 70% of students who enroll in the Program will successfully complete the Program on an average time to completion of eight academic quarters.
- The Program will employ appropriately credentialed and experienced faculty who demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing professional development and educational opportunities.
*CCNE defines Program Outcomes as “Statements of levels of achievement, which encompass student achievement, faculty achievement, and other program-selected indicators of achievement. Program outcomes may be expressed in the form of overall program goals, end-of program outcomes, curricular outcomes, and/or faculty outcomes.”
Ready to Start Your Path in Medical Billing and Coding?
You’ll receive support and financial aid planning, a customized course plan and career path guidance—with no obligation.