Make A Difference As A Medical Office Assistant
Our Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate allows you to get a fast start in the healthcare industry as a medical office assistant in as few as nine months. Imagine, by this time next year, you could acquire the kind of customer service and office management professionalism that makes a real difference in the lives of others.
Through flexible courses offered fully online, you can complete your program on your own schedule as you enhance your customer service and organizational skills specific to healthcare. You ll also enjoy the benefit of small class sizes that allow for guidance from faculty experienced in this field.
To see how this program can help you achieve your goals:
- Course plan customized for you
- Support and financial aid planning
- Career path guidance with no obligation
Read more about this program
and then request information specific to you
Flex Choice learning options put you in control of your path and price. LEARN MORE >>
Gain Medical Administration Skills Employers Seek
Through career-focused curriculum and practical experiences in your Medical Administrative Assistant courses online, you can prepare for a career as a medical office assistant. Our Medical Administrative Assistant training program is designed to help you acquire current healthcare knowledge and administrative skills employers are hiring for:
Fundamental Office Management Expertise
Learn how to operate a smooth-functioning healthcare facility.
Effective Communication Strategies
Enhance your professional communication skills across a variety of healthcare environments.
Medical Technology Overview
Become proficient with the technology used to manage patients and their health records.
Healthcare Environment Exploration
Understand the framework of healthcare as you acquire a diverse skillset that enables you to work in many different types of healthcare systems and environments.
Advance Your Medical Administration Career
When you are ready to further your education, you can seamlessly transfer your Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate credits into a Health Sciences Associate’s degree which you can earn in as few as nine months.¹ As you advance your career, you may want to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Wellness.
Our Grads Work Across Industries
Graduates from our School of Health Science programs are working for leading industries, including:*
- Health Systems
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Local & State Government
- Public & Community Health
- Social Services
117 Years of Successful Graduates
At Rasmussen College, we’ve been dedicated to our mission of preparing students for career success since 1900.
*Industry information reported by Rasmussen College graduates. This list does not constitute an endorsement of Rasmussen College by the industries shown above. Listing does not guarantee or imply that future employment opportunities within these industries will be available.
Need more detailed information about our program?
- Download program details
- View course listings: Certificate
- View accreditation
- Download the Healthcare Career Outlook
- Browse other School of Health Sciences programs
Online Medical Administrative Assistant Program Entry Requirements
Speak to a program manager to start your path to earning your Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate.
RN to BSN Expected Program Outcomes*
- As contributors to a global community, 90% of the Program graduates will remain employed as a Registered Nurse or advance their career within the Scope of the BSN Generalist Role, as measured within one year of graduation.
- In support of lifelong learning, the Program graduates will be prepared to further their education in the fields of Nursing or Health Care.
- In support of service to students, 85% of the Program graduates will indicate that the Program fulfilled their expectations and that they would recommend the Program to others.
- Of the responding employers, 70% will indicate satisfaction with the Program graduates’ preparedness and knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to serve diverse communities, as measured within one year of graduation.
- Consistent with the goals of an institution of higher learning, 70% of students who enroll in the Program will successfully complete the Program on an average time to completion of eight academic quarters.
- The Program will employ appropriately credentialed and experienced faculty who demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning through ongoing professional development and educational opportunities.
*CCNE defines Program Outcomes as “Statements of levels of achievement, which encompass student achievement, faculty achievement, and other program-selected indicators of achievement. Program outcomes may be expressed in the form of overall program goals, end-of program outcomes, curricular outcomes, and/or faculty outcomes.”
Ready to Start Your Path as a Medical Administrative Assistant?
You’ll receive support and financial aid planning, a customized course plan and career path guidance—with no obligation.
Do you have more questions?
How Much Could You Earn as a Medical Office Assistant?
In-Demand Career Options for Your Future
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), earning a degree, regardless of the field of study, can improve income potential.* Here is the average salary by percentile and projected job growth for health sciences professionals:
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed August 9, 2016] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed February 25, 2016] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
How Much Will it Cost?
See how affordable your degree of choice is:
We Help Make College Affordable
At Rasmussen College, we believe higher education should be a successful investment. That’s why we offer affordable options that make earning your degree attainable. See how you can save:
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program: