Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Switzerland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ski through fresh powder in the Swiss Alps, listen to cowbells while enjoying a picnic in a mountain meadow, or feast on fondue in Gruyeres; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Switzerland Travel Guide :
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, alpine villages, architecture, sports, landscapes, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 70 local maps
- Covers Geneva, Lake Geneva, Vaud, Fribourg, Neuchatel, Jura, Basel, Aargau, Mittelland, Bernese Oberland, Valais, Central Switzerland, Zurich, Northeastern Switzerland, Ticino, Liechtenstein, Graubunden, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Switzerland , our most comprehensive guide to Switzerland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide that focuses on Switzerland’s highlights? Check out Lonely Planet’s Discover Switzerland, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Central Europe, a comprehensive guide to all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nicola Williams, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark and Sally O’Brien.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.