Medical Coding & Billing Online National Certification
Earn your CMCB or MCBS national certification online through American Allied Health.
AAH offers two levels of certification for insurance billing and coding professionals:
Nationally Certified Medical Coder and Biller (CMCB): This exam covers medical insurance terminology, insurance claims completion, procedural diagnostic coding, anatomy physiology, medical legal issues, and basic ICD-10, CPT HCPCS coding systems.
Nationally Certified Medical Coding and Billing Specialist (MCBS): This exam is designed for the applicant who has expanded their skills by completing an advanced Coding/Billing course (or has a minimum of one year s coding experience in a medical office or clinic). The exam tests the applicant s knowledge of in-patient hospital billing and coding using the ICD-10-CM manual.
The primary duty of a medical coder and biller is to code various medical diagnoses, procedures, or symptoms which are then submitted to Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance companies in order to receive reimbursements. Hospitals, clinics, and physicians must submit the correct codes to receive compensation for patient treatment; therefore, medical billing and coding professionals are indispensable members of any medical office.
There is a great need for capable medical coding and billing professionals due to the heightened scrutiny of government agencies and insurance companies to ensure correct coding of medical records. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, most employers prefer to hire credentialed medical coders.
Becoming a nationally certified with American Allied Health sets you apart in this competitive job market. It shows that you are proficient in your field. Many employers and states require certification because it demonstrates one is a dedicated and qualified allied healthcare professional. AAH certification offers third-party confirmation of your capabilities to employers and patients.
Benefits of AAH National Certification:
- Convenient online CMCB and MCBS certification
- Instant results
- Immediate proof of certification for employers
- Potential to earn higher wages
- Advance your resume and your career
- Distinguish yourself from others in a competitive job market
- Promote job security
- Demonstrate a firm knowledge of your Allied Health profession
- Register for the exam here.
- Prepare for testing with AAH s complementary online practice exam and topical study guide.
- Submit your proof of eligibility to sit for the exam.
- Take the exam online from within your account.
- Receive certificate and registration card in the mail.