10 Key Questions To Ask When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
Safety is always a major concern. Whether it’s a car accident or an incident at work, if you’re caught in a situation where you’re injured due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.
Before speaking with the responsible party or their insurance company, meet with a qualified personal injury attorney to talk about your case. An experienced attorney can help you understand your options and can advise you of your chances of recovery. Remember that you do not have to hire the first attorney you interview.
Selecting a qualified personal injury lawyer can be a very difficult and confusing experience, especially if it’s your first time dealing with lawyers or law firms. Many lawyers claim to handle personal injury cases. Unfortunately, it takes more than “one call” to handle a serious personal injury claim. It is important to select a qualified attorney or law firm with significant experience in handling personal injury cases. Here are 10 key questions you should ask before hiring a personal injury lawyer.
Questions To Ask a Personal Injury Attorney:
- What areas of law do you specialize in?
- Have you handled injury cases like mine before? If so, how many?
- How many personal injury cases have you taken to trial? What were the results?
- How long does it typically take to resolve an injury case like mine?
- How often will you communicate with me about my case? Will I be able to speak directly with you if I need you? (RED FLAG: The lawyer or law firm sends an “investigator” or paralegal to your initial consultation instead of the attorney meeting with you in person)
- How many cases are you currently handling? Do you have time to handle my case?
- If I am not satisfied with the insurance company’s offer to settle my case, will you be the actual attorney filing a lawsuit on my behalf and taking the case to trial?
- Can I get references from some of your past clients?
- Have you ever been suspended from practice of law? If so, why?
- What is your contingency fee?
Talk to Our Macon Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you are a victim of an accident or injury, the attorneys at Buzzell, Graham Welsh can assist you in receiving the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are experts at handling auto accident cases and will pursue all types of compensation including payment of your medical bills, compensation for your pain and suffering due to injury, payment of lost wages, and possible punitive damages. Schedule a consultation today by contacting us at (478) 217-2072 or click here to complete a contact form.
- The 411 on a Georgia Hit and Run
- Lessons Learned From The Winter Storm That Paralyzed Georgia
- Demystifying Medical Payments “Med Pay” Coverage
- Are You Aware of the Consequences of Distractions Behind the Wheel?